Saturday, May 16, 2009
1. Seven. I'm not saying it's a bad film. It's just that I could not be alone for a week after I saw it. Years later, the thought of it still freaks me out, especially the "lust" murder. Yeesh.
2. Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer. One could argue that I knew what I was getting into based on the title.
3. Natural Born Killers. One of my friends described the experience of watching this as "like having a chisel slowly pounded into your head for two hours." Yup. Plus, Rodney Dangerfield was in it.
4. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. Before I saw this film, I was a big fan of that little wizard and his pals. It may sound weird, but the movie was so faithful to the novel that it drove me nuts. Maybe it took away my ability to imagine the characters and settings in the stories. Whatever — I haven't seen any of the other movies or read a Potter book since. Tragic, I tell you.
Saturday, May 2, 2009
1. Down vests. If it's cold enough to wear something down-filled, don't you think sleeves are necessary, too?
2. Sleeveless turtlenecks. Again: cold enough for a turtleneck, cold enough for sleeves.
3. Low-hanging jeans. How can it possibly be comfortable to have the crotch of your pants at your knees?
4. Warm-weather scarves. Because nothing says summer like wrapping a six-foot piece of cloth around your neck.
5. Stiletto heels. Seriously, who thought it was a good idea to make women balance on 4-inch spikes?
6. Thongs. Ow.