Friday, July 3, 2009
Since 2002, I've kept a list of all the books I read. It turns out that "read" does not correspond to "remember." Here are the books that I've evidently read in the past seven years, but have absolutely no memory of having done so. Anyone know if they're any good?
1. The Bone House, Betsy Tobin.
2. When the Emperor Was Divine, Julie Otsuka. I'm pretty sure this had to do with Japanese internment camps. Other than that: nada.
3. Bedlam Burning, Geoff Nicholson.
4. Through the Safety Net, Charles Baxter.
5. With Your Crooked Heart, Helen Dunmore.
6. How to be Lost, Amanda Eyre Ward. This might have been about a family of some sort.