1. Sneezing. Something gets stuck in your nose and it makes your head explode. Why are sinuses so desperate to get stuff out that they expel air at 75 mph? (Come to think of it, all bodily functions are pretty bizarre. Ever watch someone eat? It's disturbing.)
2. Cheech and Chong. These guys made a career out of being completely baked. Please watch the following clip and explain the appeal to me. (Do it. It's only 6 seconds long and since you're reading this blog, you clearly have nothing better to do.)
3. Confetti. Raining tiny pieces of paper down on people's heads is somehow considered festive. Even stranger: it gets shot out of a cannon.
4. Work. Time was, people spent their days gathering food and building shelter to stay alive. Now we sit at desks to earn money to pay people to gather food and build shelter for us. Why not cut out the middleman?
5. Mushrooms. Ah, fungus. When it's covering the grout in our shower, we spray the hell out of it with Tilex. When it's on pizza, we can scarf down half a pie (I can, anyway). Some 'shrooms would kill you as soon as look at you. And then there are the kind that make you smell colors and taste sounds. That's weird, people.